At the 109th annual meeting of the Society for Reproduction and Development, held in Kanagawa, Japan in September, the 2016 SRD awards were presented to each winner.
SRD Outstanding Research Award
The SRD Outstanding Research Award is given for outstanding basic and applied research in animal reproduction. The SRD Award Committee has selected the following members as the winners in 2016:
Hisataka IWATA (Tokyo University of Agriculture) for “Effect of aging on bovine oocytes and possible counter measures for the age associated abnormalities” and
Hiromichi MATSUMOTO (Utsunomiya University) for “Molecular mechanisms of embryonic development and uterine receptivity during blastocyst implantation in the mouse”.
SRD Innovative Technology Award
The SRD Innovative Technology Award is given for the research which contributed to a development of innovative technology in animal reproduction. The SRD Award Committee has selected the following member as the winner in 2016:
Yutaka HASHIYADA (National Livestock Breeding Center) for “Development of efficient system for monozygotic twins production contribute to beef cattle breeding”.
SRD Young Investigator Award
SRD Young Investigator Award is given for outstanding research in animal reproduction which was performed by an exceptionally promising young investigator who has not reached the age of 40 before April 1st of the year when the award is presented. The SRD Award Committee has selected the following members as the winner in 2016:
Satsohi SUGIMURA (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology) for “Study for in vitro production and selection of viable livestock embryos” and
Miki SAKATANI (Kyushu Okinawa Agricultural Research Center, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization, NARO) for “The study of the mechanism of heat stress on bovine preimplantation embryos”.
SRD Outstanding Presentation Award
The SRD Outstanding Presentation Award is given for outstanding oral or poster presentation at the annual meeting of SRD. Chair of the 109th annual meeting of SRD selected the following seven members as the winners in 2016:
- Oral Presentation
- Taichi NODA (Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University) for “Functional analysis of the seminal vesicle-secreted protein in male fecundity”,
- Yoshiaki NAKAMURA (National Institute for Basic Biology) for “Increase the colony-forming efficiency of mouse spermatogenic stem cells on the basis of their post-transplantation behavior”,
- Shiro YAMASHITA (Central Research Institute for Feed and Livestock of Zen-noh) for “Generation of alien germ cells in the bovine ovaries using gene knockout and blastocyst complementation”.
- Poster Presentation
- Kasane KISHI (The University of Tokyo) for “Functional and molecular characterization of Sertoli valve epithelia in mouse testes”,
- Asako OKAMOTO (Graduate School of Comprehensive Scientific Research, Prefectural University of Hiroshima) for “Neurotensin induces sustainable activation of EGFR-ERK1/2 pathway via upregulation of EGFR expression in cumulus cells of porcine COCs”,
- Yohei NISHIMURA (Faculty of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University) for “Characterization of nuclear bodies containing RNaseH1 in mouse oocyte”,
- Yoshihiko KOBAYASHI (Graduate School of Environmental and Life Science, Okayama University) for “Remodeling of the oviductal epithelium by stem-like cells beneath the basement membrane”.