At the 106th annual meeting of the Society for Reproduction and Development, held in Tokyo, Japan in September, the 2013 SRD awards were presented to each winner.
SRD Outstanding Research Award
The SRD Outstanding Research Award is given for outstanding basic and applied research in animal reproduction. The SRD Award Committee has selected the following members as the winners in 2013:
Satoshi AKAGI (NARO Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science) for "Study on Development of Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer Embryos in Cattle".
SRD Young Investigator Award
SRD Young Investigator Award is given for outstanding research in animal reproduction which was performed by an exceptionally promising young investigator who has not reached the age of 40 before April 1st of the year when the award is presented. The SRD Award Committee has selected the following two members as the winners in 2013:
Yasuhisa YAMASHITA (Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Prefectural University of Hiroshima) for "The Molecular and Biological Study of Functional Change of Cumulus Cells During Meiotic Resumption of Porcine Oocyte" and
Sugako OGUSHI (The Hakubi Center for Advanced Research, Kyoto University & Prof Nasmyth Group, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford ) for "Functional Analysis of the Nucleolus in Mammalian Oocytes".
SRD Outstanding Presentation Award
The SRD Outstanding Presentation Award is given for outstanding oral or poster presentation at the annual meeting of SRD. Chair of the 106th annual meeting of SRD selected the following seven members as the winners in 2013:
- Oral Presentation
- Ikko KAWASHIMA (Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St. Marianna University School of Medicine)
- Kazuhisa HASHIBA (Laboratory of Reproductive Physiology, Graduate School of Environmental and Life Science, Okayama University)
- Yoshimi AIYAMA (Department of Veterinary Anatomy, The University of Tokyo)
- Satoshi HARA (Department of Bioscience, Tokyo University of Agriculture)
- Poster Presentation
- Yuki SATO (Graduate School of Bioresource Sciences, Akita Prefectural University)
- MEI Rong (Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Kobe University)
- Wataru YAMAZAKI (Laboratory of Animal Breeding and Reproduction, Graduate School of Agriculture, Hokkaido University)