At the 100th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Animal Reproduction, held in Tokyo, Japan in October, the 2007 JSAR awards were presented to each winner.
JSAR Outstanding Research Award
The JSAR Outstanding Research Award is given for outstanding basic and applied research in animal reproduction. The JSAR Award Committee has selected the following member as the winner in 2007:
Satoshi Ohkura (Laboratory of Animal Production Science, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University) for "Studies on the Central Mechanisms Regulating Reproductive Physiology and Behavior in Ruminants".
JSAR Innovative Technology Award
The JSAR Innovative Technology Award is given for the research which contributed to a development of innovative technology in animal reproduction. The JSAR Award Committee has selected the following two members as the winners in 2007:
Masumi Hirabayashi (Section of Mammalian Transgenesis, Center for Genetic Analysis of Behavior, National Institute for Physiological Sciences) for "Technical Development for Producing Gene-Modified Rats".
JSAR Young Investigator Award
Mohamed Sabry Medan
The JSAR Young Investigator Award is given for outstanding research in animal reproduction which was performed by exceptionally promising young investigator who has not reached the age of 35 before April 1st of the year when the award is presented. The JSAR Award Committee has selected the following three member as the winners in 2007:
Mohamed Sabry Medan (Department of Theriogenology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Suez Canal University, Egypt, "Studies on Mechanism Responsible for Regulation of Follicle- Stimulating Hormone in the Goat".
JSAR Outstanding Presentation Award
The JSAR Outstanding Presentation Award is given for outstanding oral and poster presentations at the annual fall meeting of JSAR. Chair of the 100th annual meeting of JSAR selected the following three members as the winners in 2007:
- Oral Presentation
- Tomohiro Yonezawa (Kitasato University) for "Metastin May Induce Apoptosis of Luteal Cells via Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone in the Corpus Luteum of Rats"
- Sugako Ogushi (RIKEN Kobe Institute) for "A Unique Role of Maternal Nucleolus in Early Mammalian Development"
- Satoshi Tsukamoto (Tokyo Medical and Dental University) for "Regulation of Autophagy in Embryogenesis in Mice"
- Poster Presentation
- Yoko Inamoto (Nagoya University) for "The Role of Arcuate Metastin Neurons in Regulation of Pulsatile GnRH/LH Secretion in the Female Rat"
- Azusa Inoue (University of Tokyo) for "Analysis of the Determinants of Meiotic and Developmental Competence in Mouse Oocytes"
- Seungwook Shin (Kinki University) "A Novel Gonad-specific Gene DD2-2 Involved in Early Zygotic Gene Activation (ZGA) in Mouse Pre-implantation Embryos"
- Kazuyoshi Kise (Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology) for "Purification of Fish Spermatogonia Using Flow Cytometer"
- Yuko Hirosawa (Iwate University) for "ISG-15 Gene Expression Patterns Derived from Peripheral Blood Leukocytes During the Pre- and Post-breeding Period in Dairy Cattle"